The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder Review!

Thursday 31 July 2014

Until now, bronzers and I have never been a good match, primarily due to my ghostly pale skin but since finding The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer, it has secured a firm place in my daily makeup bag. I first heard about this product a few months ago from Estee at EssieButton, who on a side note you should absolutely check out, as she was a big fan of it and also has pale skin, like me! Despite this, it was only recently that I went in to The Body Shop to check it out and fell in love with everything- the shade offerings, the packaging, the smell (yes!!)...



This bronzer is available in four shades, all of which are matte, ranging from Light to Dark. The fact that they are all matte makes them perfect for contouring the cheek bones without looking like an old-school disco ball and the light, semi-sheer formulation means that you can build up the colour without it looking muddy at all. The powder itself is soft and leaves a gentle colour on the skin which looks delicate and lovely. Another point with these are that they aren't orange at all, a problem that I have encountered with most other bronzers that I have tried in the past. I have this in the shade Fair Matte 02 which isn't the lightest option, yet I still find it to be perfect for contouring and general bronzing of the face and neck, especially if you are on the paler side.

The packaging of this bronzer is just as lovely with the bronzer being housed in a sturdy transparent brown case with a subtle honeycomb print. It also includes a good sized mirror, making it perfect for 'on-the-go' touch ups!

My last favourite about this product is the subtle honey scent. Although this isn't evident when the product is on your skin and is even quite soft when in the pan, I think it's a nice touch that The Body Shop have added and I would definitely be interested in trying some of the other products in the honey line.

Overall, I am a huge fan of this bronzer and I have definitely been converted! I think The Body Shop have really amped it up on the cosmetics front recently and I will be doing a blog post featuring my favourite beauty products from this brand in the near future. If you are interested in trying this product out, it is priced at a mid-range price of £13 and is available in-store and at http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/make-up/bronzing/honey-bronze-bronzing-powder.aspx.

PS. I bought this product and others using a deal from the app Voucher Cloud which meant that when you spent £30, you got a £15 discount. This exact offer has now finished but I have checked and a 'spend £40 and get £20 off' offer has been added so I would definitely recommend checking out the Voucher Cloud website and app!



Have a lovely evening,



Jodie x

2 comments:

  1. I am always looking for good bronzer for pale skin so I will definitely give this a go!

    www.peachblossomx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely recommend it! Both of the lighter shades are perfect for paler skin and the product feels quite luxurious for the great price!

    ReplyDelete