Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner Review!

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Today I am going to be talking about another Rimmel product that has been very impressive: the Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals as they are officially known! I have seen these on multiple occasions in the drugstore but never ended up getting one so am very happy that I finally bought one the other day. There are seven colours available- black, silver, bright blue, purple, bronze, nude and taupe. I chose to get the colour 'Nude' because I was very intrigued after hearing about the use of nude eyeliner to brighten your eyes.










For my first opinion, I really like this product and the colour is great for reducing redness and consequently making your eyes seem much more bright and awake. I tried to get some pictures of this on my waterline; however, it is a difficult colour to show so in this way so have just swatched it!

This eyeliner has a good consistency and is very smooth and easy to apply; the colour pay off of this colour is great and it really makes a difference when used on the waterline. In terms of being waterproof, this eyeliner is certainly much more longwearing than a standard eyeliner and does stay on the waterline fairly well. It does fade slightly but this is to be expected somewhat even with a waterproof product when used on the waterline. I do however think that it would be very longwearing on the upper lashline. The range of colours that Rimmel have brought out are also fantastic and have definately hit on some colours that other affordable brands have missed in the past. After trying this colour, I would like to try black which, if it follows the same consistency, would be a great staple and perhaps taupe, which looks gorgeous.

Overall, I would recommend trying out these because they are excellent for the price and there is a nice variety of colour options. If you have thought about trying a nude eyeliner, this would be a good place to start! These are available at all drugstores, although some only have a small range of the colours and are priced at £3.99. Boots currently have these on offer at 3 for 2 also!

Thank you for reading!

Jodie x

2 comments:

  1. I love rimmel scandaleyes, ive never used a flesh coloured liner though because im never sure of how nice it would look but im definitely going to give it a go! great blog

    Im Following :)

    www.hollys-beauty-box.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! Glad you liked it! Would definitely recommend trying one out!
    - Jodie's Jottings
    x

    ReplyDelete